1. Build Inner Peace
Tranquility on the inside is what sets us free. We turn to be movie actors and actresses in front of the camera. We walk the pavement with smile all over our body when we run into friends but cutting deep inside.
There is no amount of pretense which can give you that inner peace which you need to be happy and take care of your cherished relationship.
2. Be Independent
Don’t wait on anyone to make you happy. When we talk independent, mostly we look through the glass of finance. Of course, financial freedom or independent is important.
But what I am speaking of is growing beyond the company of others e.g. friends, family, workmates, and your partner to be fulfilled.
Whenever you dump your state of happiness on others, you must be ready to pay the price. They cannot be there for you always.
3. Create Space
Don’t wait on anyone to tell you they need a break or space from you. Give your partner that space where both of you can grow individually.
This is not a suggestion of growing apart from each other, but create a space where you can function as a person.
Don’t wait on your husband to turn on the radio, TV, dial a phone number for you on your phone. Be capable to deal with some personal matters, this can help you develop and build a happy family together.
4. Stop Playing FBI
Even if you are a Federal Bureau of Investigation Agent, please you are not one at home. Control your FBI instinct home or around your partner. If truth been told, there’s no good relationship between FBI agent and a suspect.
Don’t keep your partner under surveillance.
Such act only encourages mistrust and misunderstanding.
5. Stop Unhealthy Comparison
I want my boyfriend to be as rich as my uncle, sexy as my ex, playful like my cousin and gentle as my dad.
Why not hostile like your step dad or mom?
Accept your partner for who he or she is. Of course, we need adjusting our lives from time to time. Yet change is not easy. And live doesn’t just move that straight as we assume.
6. Limit Your Expectations
Dream big, think large. No problem with looking out for yourself. It’s great to go out with a handsome or beautiful gent or lady. The problem is, peace does not hide in the front or back pocket of handsomeness.
You may have all basic amenities you need and still be messed up than a hawker. Be happy with who you have, there’s no guarantee rich man always make a good partner.
7. Focus on the Positive
Hey! As crazy as your partner may be, there should be something he or she does right. She taught you how to stay clean. She taught you how to invest. Remember the good side of your partner whenever you feel overwhelmed.
Try beating frustration by it’s game by not giving attention to things you don’t have now.
8. Set Boundaries in the Relationship
If you feel being used in your relationship, set a boundary. Let your partner know what works for you and what does not. You deserve to be happy. Tell your partner how you think you should both make use of the weekend.
9. Understand There is no Winner in Divorce
As Bishop TD Jakes said, no one wins in a divorce. You may take the car or the house or the kids, but there’s still no victor.
If there’s anything you can do to overcome the turmoil in your head which is about to cause your marriage or three years of relationship, just go for that.
Here is a list of 2020 divorce rate data in the US by San Diego divorce lawyer team.
U.S. Divorce Rate Per 1000 Married Women
- Almost 50 percent of all marriages in the United States will end in divorce or separation.
- Researchers estimate that 41 percent of all first marriages end in divorce.
- 60 percent of second marriages end in divorce.
- 73 percent of all third marriages end in divorce.
Countries with The Highest Divorce Rates in The World: Top 20
How Often Divorce Takes Place in the U.S
- Every 13 seconds, there is one divorce in America.
- That equates to 277 divorces per hour, 6,646 divorces per day, 46,523 divorces per week, and 2,419,196 divorces per year. That means:
- There are 9 divorces in the time it takes for a couple to recite their wedding vows (2 minutes).
- More than 554 divorces occur during your typical romantic comedy movie (2 hours).
- 1,385 divorces happen during the average wedding reception (5 hours).
- There are 19,353,568 divorces over the course of an average first marriage that ends in divorce (8 years).
- Over a 40 year period, 67 percent of first marriages terminate.
- Among all Americans 18 years of age or older, whether they have been married or not, 25 percent have gone through a marital split.
- 15 percent of adult women in the United States are divorced or separated today, compared with less than one percent in 1920.20. The average first marriage that ends in divorce lasts about 8 years.
10. Stop Discussing Your Relationship’s Shortcomings
The answer many friends are giving in regards to your problem is never close to the solution you need.
The more you show in front of them with your partner’s vulnerability, the more depressed you will become.
Get angry at your partner if you have to, beat yourself if you have to, but give enough room to yourself and partner to grow and adjust to new developments.
The definition of good relationship varies per age and individuals. But anyways, you will certainly settle with someone who will definitely not be perfect.