CorelDRAW is a software for editing vector graphic. A vector graphic is comprised of paths, instead of grid of pixels. This makes it easy for designers to use CorelDraw to create line arts, draw simple and complex diagrams. The versatile nature of CorelDraw and its simplicity will help you quickly create a design to impress a girl you like.
This quick guide to CorelDRAW is for both beginners and advanced learners who wants to learn how to impress a girl with graphic design.
As a caring boyfriend; you will always be looking for how you can be more romantic to your girlfriend. One of the surest ways is to take advantage of the things around you, apply wisdom and you can make her happier than she is now.
If you are not exactly sure what it is I am referring to, don’t panic. Depending on your career path, you can use almost anything in your field to impress a girl. For example, as a mechanics; fixing a car in the presence of your girlfriend can make her believe in you.
I can continue to cite examples in all careers. Guess what? That will turn my article into an encyclopedia.
So, I decided to help our graphic designers today by giving them a quick guide to CorelDRAW to spice up their relationships.
Going forward: This page contains affiliate links to CorelDraw. I do earn commission from referring traffic to them. You could choose any other graphic designing software to practice what is taught in this tutorial and get similar result. I prefer CorelDraw and its being my best graphic designing software for 10 years.
If you are a new graphic designer and wants a professional graphic designing software where your imagination is the limit rather than the software installed on your PC, then, CorelDraw is my best offer for you.
Examples of Things You Can Do to Impress A Girl with Graphic Design
- Picture – one of the commonest things to do is interjecting her photo into a background she admires e.g., Black Star Square, exotic hotel room, White House or throw in both of your images in an expensive ride.
- Name – as an artist or graphic designer, you can become more creative than many competitors. With pencil and paper or a graphic software; spend some minutes to design her name in a romantic style.
- Calendar – if you happen to get this post somewhere at the end of this year, design a calendar for her with her photo on one side while the date on the other. She’ll love it.
- Frame – still on photo, you can ask for her picture, crop it nicely and pick a beautiful background, print it and frame or laminate it as a Valentine or X-mas gift.
- Wallpaper – this will make her happy, find a romantic photo of her, design something impressive for her to use as smartphone or pc wallpaper.
- Logo – if you are advanced designer, you have designed one or two logos for your clients – you can do same for your girlfriend if she has a business.
- Flyer – same as logo, you can design her a flyer for her business to share online or printable.
- Banner – if your girlfriend has an office, you can design a banner for her – a friend of mine did this recently for his girlfriend and her heart is touching the skies honestly – in fact, he got more than a kiss for this.
- Cartoon – there are many easy ways today to turn yourself into anything at all with few clicks on your smartphone – it doesn’t mean it won’t impress your girlfriend should you use a professional graphic software to do this – if you are advanced CorelDRAW user, import her image, and use ‘Bezier’ tool to trace her, after that, color it and present her.
That’s all!! We done. Bye!!
No, I won’t leave you in the wind and walk on!
Check these quick guides out!
Corel Draw X7 Tutorial – How to Draw Shiny Heart to Impress A Girl
In this quick guide, you will learn how to draw a shiny heart to impress a girl using Ellipse, Polygon and Shape tools.
- Program: CorelDraw 19 – X6
- Estimated Completion Time: 4 Minutes
Who can learn this: Beginner & Advanced Designer – this tutorial is very basic and made easy so that anyone who can use computer software will get along.
Note: the lesson is not to equip any designer with professional designing skills even though it may.
Step 1: Required Tools
All versions of CorelDraw will work just fine. In this tutorial, we will be using X6 on Windows 10. Check the NEW CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 for unlimited designing options.
Step 2: Creating a Worksheet or Work Environment
Straight to the field.
- Launch CorelDraw
- Click New Document from Welcome Screen
- From the Create New Document Window:
- Type a custom name at ‘Name’ field to replace Untitled-1
- Leave default document ‘Size’ as A4
- Change orientation to landscape
- Click ‘Ok’ to create new document
Step 3: Working with Ellipse Tool
Our working environment is now set for work.
Let’s draw the upper sides of the shiny heart.
- With the ‘Ellipse Tool’ selected, click to create a circle (hold Ctrl on the keyboard to draw the shape proportionally)
- Click on object and change outline to 4.0 pt
Step 4: Working with Shape Tool
- Right click on the circle to ‘Convert to Curves’. We convert to be able to use the ‘Shape Tool’
- Now, shape the circle using the ‘Shape Tool’. This is the second tool after the ‘Select tool’, upper left corner (Shortcut: F10)
- Click on the node at the right (center)
- Drag the node towards left side to shape the object
- Select object and color it (Red)
- Color the outline (dark red)
- Copy and paste shape
- Move the duplicate to left side (as in picture)
- Flip the second object from left to right
- Select both objects and ‘Weld’ them
- Pick the ‘Polygon Tool’
- Decrease ‘Points or sides’ to 3
- Flip it from top to bottom
- Increase outline width to 4 pt
- Add color (Red)
- Border color (Dark Red)
- Position triangle (as shown in picture)
- Select both objects and ‘Weld’
- Select object and pick ‘Shape tool’
- Double click on the ‘node’ (left) that joined the triangle and ellipse to delete it
- Delete the second ‘node’ below it. Learn more about types of nodes and how to use Shape tool effectively
- Repeat this action on the left
- Final result should look similar to the one in the picture below
Step 5: Time to Use Fill Tool
- Select the heart
- Press F11 on the keyboard to access ‘Fountain Fill Tool’
- Select radial
- Add color slider in the middle and adjust the sliders to achieve same result above
- Click Ok
Step 6: Drawing Background
- Click the ‘Rectangle tool’ and draw a rectangle to fill work area (F6) or double click on rectangle
- Select rectangle and choose the ‘Interactive Fill tool’
- Drag it from left to right
- Click on the square shape of the Interactive Fill tool on the left and add color of choice (default colors: black & white)
- Adjust the slider to replicate color mixture of the picture that follows this point
Step 7: Adding Text
- Pick ‘Text tool’
- Click on background you just designed and type a unique text that will move the heart of your loved one
- Highlight and choose desired font (in this case ‘Blacksword’)
- Give it color red
Now you are done with your design to impress a girl. All you need do is export, share on social media or print it, package nicely, add to a love letter and send over.
How to Export Your Shiny Heart Design in CorelDraw
- Click on ‘File menu’
- Select Export
- Give the file a name in ‘File name’ field
- Drop down ‘Save as type’ panel and choose JPG
- Click ‘Export’ to export the JPG file
- Connect smartphone
- Locate image and copy it to phone
Send it to your beautiful woman and thank me later
If you are having difficulties sending it over WhatsApp, I have an article that will teach you how to go about it: sweet things to say to your boyfriend in a text.