Beside the worry of making money to sustain the family, libido is a subject that many men focus on most. Ranging from young to old, men are asking questions about how to last longer in bed.
Just as any subject concerning human health, aphrodisiacs should be recommended by health experts for safe consumption.
Although men tend to aphrodisiacs to avoid premature ejaculation, women are also noted to be on the search for sex-boosting drugs and herbs.
Options for libido-boosting are wide. While there are many pharmaceutical drugs, if you are more connected with nature, you may want to resort to natural ways of boosting sexual performance.
Below is a list of natural aphrodisiac foods that boots both male and female libido
Natural Libido-boosting foods for Men
|Asparagus or garden asparagus||Contains vitamin E, which is essential for hormone production and fresh skin. Also, a source of potassium, a mineral responsible for relaxing the blood vessels. Meaning improved blood flow which takes care of your heart’s health and contribute to achieving and maintaining erection.|
|Banana||Contains bufotenine, a chemical that acts on the brain to increase happiness, self-confidence, & sex drive.|
|Carrot||Have strong fibrous ingredients that supercharge the body & lead to a feeling of strong sexual desire.|
|Licorice||Contains plant estrogen and stimulates the sex glands, bringing oxygen to the female genitals.|
|Celery||It is believed celery contains an amount of androsterone, which is a pheromone that people find attractive in men.|
|Cucumber||Number one for their erotic shape. Endowed with vitamin C and manganese. Vitamin C is reputable for blood flow which help erectile function.|
Natural Libido-boosting foods for Women
|Pomegranate||It has antioxidants, which are important for decreasing inflammation and plaque from building in arteries, therefore, aiding blood flow to entire body and genitals.|
|Peach||Rich in vitamin C, which boosts sex drive by creation of hormone and vessel dilation.|
|Clams||Clam been listed as #5 food choice for men’s health on Eat Something Sexy is noted to contain norepinephrine which is both a hormone and a neurotransmitter that helps you focus and causes feelings of euphoria. Army Reiley stated that, clams are considered aphrodisiac for both sexes.|
|Fig||Figs are high in amino acids, which boost sexual stamina and increase libido.|
|Kiwi||Vitamin C helps increase libido and fertility, this mineral is found in Kiwi.|
|Mango||Rich in vitamin E, which boosts sex drive and essential for hormone production.|
|Artichoke||High in Vitamin C, folic acid, magnesium, and phosphorus|
|Mussels||Mediterranean variety of mussels contained amino acids linked with boosting sexual hormone production.|
|Avocado||Contains libido-boosting vitamins B9 and B6.|
|Oysters||Oysters contain dopamine, which is a brain chemical that increases desire. Also, it contains zinc, mineral that produces testosterone and sperm.|
Other Non-scientific Libido-boosting Natural Foods
- Chasteberry: Leaves and flowers are rich sources of hormones like progesterone and testosterone.
- Passion Fruit
- Hot chilies: Capsaicin the compound found in chilies release the feel-good neurochemicals called endorphins
- Dark Chocolate: Chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which is a stimulant that elicits excitement and a sense of well-being.
- Ginger: Increases blood flow to the genitals in both men and women.
- Apples: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that stimulate sexual desire.
Aphrodisiacs Backed by Science
- Maca: Peruvian Viagra may help reduce the loss of libido that commonly occurs as a side effect of certain antidepressant drugs.
- Tribulus terrestris: Producers of supplements often claim that it can boost libido. It may boost sexual function.
- Ginkgo biloba: Ginkgo biloba a food supplement from Ginkgo biloba tree is said to act as an aphrodisiac by helping relax blood vessels and increase blood flow.
- Red ginseng: Chinese medicine believed to boost sex drive and erectile function in men and sexual arousal in women.
- Fenugreek: Contains estrogen and testosterone, compounds needed by the body to produce sex hormones.
- Pistachio nuts: They have nutritional value and are rich in protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Pistachio nuts increase blood flow, contributing to harder erections.
- Saffron: May help reduce the loss of libido that commonly occurs as a side effect of certain antidepressant drugs.
Tigger Nuts as Aphrodisiac Food Among Men
Tiger nuts scientifically known as cyperus esculentus, also called earth almond, nutsedge and efio among Ewes in Ghana is a widespread crop of the sedge family.
Tiger nuts contain rich nutrients and plant compounds.
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
Although there is no strong scientific backing that, the nuts improve sexual performance among men; it is widely recognized in both Ghana and Nigeria as a libido booster.
It is said to treat erectile dysfunction, increase sperm count and boost libido. Apart from this generational conviction, the taste of tiger nut makes it an edible tuber worth trying.
It is also used for recipe preparation and hailed by large number of bitters producers.
Learn more about recipes and bitters made by tiger nuts in the up coming post.
The fact that many of the aphrodisiac foods mentioned above are not medically certified, or do not have strong scientific backing does not prevent one from eating them provided you are not allergic to any.
Should you notice any side effect, seek medical help or avoid them.