What You can Cook for Your Boyfriend
How to entice a man with food. I heard this more than I can count. While men love the thought of being in bed with women, it is repeatedly proven that, the way to a man’s heart is through the stomach.
In Africa, a woman with good sex skill is wanted but a woman with good cooking skill is respected and treasured in both short- term and long-term relationship.
Either on regular days or occasions, you should find recipes to make him fall in love with you. Seductive dinner recipes can even boost your sex life.
Not Another Statement but Recipe Tutorials
Meals to a Man’s Heart
How to Prepare Banku
Yield: 11 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 46 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 46 mins
|2 cups of cassava dough|
|3 cups of corn dough|
|1 teaspoon of salt (optional)|
- Mix cassava dough with water and strain out the lumps if it’s not well grinded
- Mix corn dough with water
- Pour mixture into a pot
- Mix until smooth and mildly thick
- Add a teaspoon of salt to mixture if you prefer
- Place pot on fire until it boils
- Use akpledatsi (kitchen paddle) to knead mixture to prevent dough forming lumps
- Knead until it’s smooth and thick
- Add water if it gets too thick
- If it’s well cooked, dish out into polythene rubbers
- Keep in ice chest to keep warm
- Thick mixture changes color when banku is well cooked
- Stir harder when it gets thicker to prevent lumps
- Lower the flame of gas stove or remove firewood as mixture changes color to prevent it from burning
- You can dish out directly into plates without polythene rubbers
Ghanaian Groundnut Soup
Image source: GHMaggi
This is a staple African cuisine but is also eaten in East Asia and the United States.
Preparing this food means you have one of these foods in mind.
- 2 medium onions
- 5 medium cloves garlic, divided
- 1-ounce fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1-pound meat (cow, goat, chicken, turkey)
- 1 hot chili pepper, such as a Scotch bonnet
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter/paste
- 1 whole smoke-dried fish, such as tilapia, salmon, herrings
- Kosher salt
- Seasoning cubes
- Wash and rinse the meat thoroughly
- Chop into desirable sizes and place into a saucepan
- Add seasonings and salt to taste
- Blend onion, garlic, ginger, and pepper until puree
- Pour blended mixture over meat and allow it to steam (stir to avoid burning meat)
- Pour the groundnut paste into a clean bowl/blender and add a moderate amount of water
- Mix until smooth then add your tomato paste
- Pour the groundnut paste mixture into a separate pot and allow it to simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes
- When oil forms on top of the groundnut mixture then it is ready. Turn off the heat and set aside
- Mix groundnut mixture with moderate water and then pour it over your steamed meat
- Stir thoroughly
- Wash and add your smoked fish bay leaf. Adjust salt too
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes
- Serve hot
Keep stirring your groundnut mixture to avoid getting burnt soup!
Foods Guys Love
Coconut rice is fluffy, tender, and lightly sweetened, and also delicious.
Coconut rice is enjoyed in many regions around the world, especially in tropical areas where coconuts are grown.
While he is busy wrapping up his assignment on Saturday afternoon, you are kissing cooking utensils and ingredients making him: Coconut Rice
How to Make Coconut Rice
- 2 cups of any perfume (Jasmine) or local rice
- 1 cup water/ coconut water
- 1/4 canned unsweetened coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tbsp salt
- Pour water or Coconut water into a saucepan
- Set it on fire
- Rinse rice in cold water
- Drain it
- Pour rice into boiling water
- Add coconut milk (optional) and salt
- Place the pan over medium heat
- Stir in rice
- Cover the pot tightly with the lid
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes
- Remove the pan from the fire and let stand for 10 minutes, covered
- Serve it hot. Garnish with toasted coconut flakes
- This rice is delicious alongside curries, soups, stews
- You can use White or brown rice to make this recipe
- You can store cooled l in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month
- Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop with a little oil or water until warm
Image source: The Vaultz News
Spend some time preparing this drink recipe a day or two before the weekend. Freeze it, then, Sunday after church, bring it on.
Depending on his preference, serve with biscuits, cookies, or raw.
Sip with care, look into his eyes with a smile.
How to Prepare Sobolo
- 3 cups Hibiscus leaves
- 1 1/2 medium-sized ripped pineapple
- 1 cup sugar (any quantity of choice to taste)
- 3 grains of Hwentia, cloves prekese (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of Pineapple syrup (optional)
- Chopping board
- Fine mesh strainer
- Glasses to serve
- Pour in Hibiscus leaves into a large saucepan
- Then add enough water to cover up
- Place leaves soaked in water on fire under high heat
- Wash pineapple with vinegar if you have one, to clean it.
- Peel pineapple and ginger
- Chop pineapple fruit and set aside
- Add the pineapple peels and hwentia, cloves, or prekese to boiling leaves
- Allow it to boil for 20-30mins
- Strain leaves with a colander (use your clean hand to squeeze out the juice) and separates the drink from the cooked leaves and peels.
- Blend pineapple fruit and ginger until evenly smooth
- Pour blended juice into the sobolo drink and stir
- Let the drink cool down completely before you add in your sugar (until desired sweetness) and pineapple syrup (if preferred)
- You can preserve sobolo by adding lime juice or storing it in a freezer
- You can add some apples (or watermelons), orange rind slices to garnish your drink
- You can store the cooked Hibiscus leaves in the fridge for in case you want to reuse it
Ginger and Cream Sandwich Cookies
If you need help with what to serve with your sobolo drink, check this out.
|Total Time:||2 hours||0 mins|
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 cup sugar on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg, molasses, and ginger
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated (dough will be soft)
- Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 1 hour
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place remaining 1⁄2 cup sugar in small bowl
- Working with 1 sheet at a time and keeping dough covered, roll 1⁄2 teaspoon of dough into a ball and then roll in sugar to coat
- Place balls 1 inch apart on prepared sheet
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Repeat with the remaining dough
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are puffed and set, 8 to 10 minutes
- Let cool on sheets for 2 minutes, then, slide paper with cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Make Orange Buttercream: Using an electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy, 2 minutes; beat in orange zest
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add confectioners’ sugar (sifted); beat in heavy cream
Originally published on Good Housekeeping.
Delicious Slimy Okro Meal
On a cool evening, prepare okro stew and hot akple, and set table under a quiet tree where only two of you could see eye ball to eye ball.
Refuse to let stew and the akple spill all over your hand, gently swallow and exchange balls as well.
Isn’t it romantic?
Follow the guidelines. It is easy and you won’t forget the taste.
Okro is a vegetable known in French as gumbo while in the US it’s called Okra.
Okro is a source of dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and a low-calorie vegetable.
Vegetables that you can add to prepare a slimy okro meal.
You can choose varieties of proteins to prepare your meal.
- Goat/cow meat
- Fresh fish
- Cow feet
- Any dry fish of choice
- Okro/okra quantity depends on individual preference.
- 4 pieces Garden eggs (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda/kanwe
- 200 mls red palm oil/vegetable oil
- 3 pieces medium-sized onions
- 1/2 piece of ginger/garlic
- 3 medium size fresh tomatoes
- 4 pieces bell pepper (kpakposhito)
- 1 piece salted fish(optional)
- 1 pound cow feet/chicken
- 1 pound wele/crabs
- Salt/ seasoning cubes
- Wash okro and garden eggs
- Chop okro and garden eggs into smaller pieces
- Put chopped okro into a clean saucepan, and add water to cover
- Add baking soda or kanwe (helps make it slimy)
- Cook it for about 8 minutes
- Set okro aside when soft
- Wash your meat thoroughly
- Chop meat into sizes and place in a cooking pot
- Add salt and seasoning cubes, add a little water, and place on heat
Cover it with a lid and allow it to boil
- Chop and blend onions, ginger, pepper, and garlic until smooth
- Pour the blended mixture into the pot and allow the meat to cook until soft. Here you can add your crab and wele if using
- Pour some palm/vegetable oil into a saucepan and place over medium heat
- Sliced onion pieces and add to oil
- Add salted fish
- Cook for about 3 minutes
- Wash tomatoes, chop, and add to the sauce
- Cook until soft
- Add your steamed beef, boiled crab, and wele to the mixture
- Add herrings or salmon if using
- Stir and leave it to cook for about 10 minutes
- Pour into the mixture your cooked okro and stir thoroughly
- Add salt to taste
If you like okro stew less slimy, cut it into larger chunks and also avoid baking soda or kanwe.
You can serve okro stew with:
And if you are thinking of some light drink with your delicious okra stew and akple with your partner, a pineapple ginger smoothie is the best choice.
Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
Image source: Ventray
Here is another drink to think of. Soon it will be Christmas, it is time-saving to just get to a grocery and pick a pineapple ginger drink home.
What about impressing your boyfriend or husband by learning the 123 steps below to make your own pineapple ginger smoothie in a few minutes to spice up the Xmas romance?
Sister, the choice is yours!
If you are ready let’s get going!
Homemade Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
Photo by Jugoslocos on Unsplash
To add a spicy sweetness to fruity smoothies, I love adding in the fresh ginger root which I’ve peeled and thinly sliced.
Ginger in smoothies helps treat upset stomachs and nausea.
Research shows it aids digestion and saliva flow. Studies found that taking ginger could ease nausea and vomiting in some pregnant women
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 cup pineapple juice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For garnishing (optional)
- Blender/food processor
- Chopping board
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Place in fridge and serve later
Some use bananas in this recipe for a much thicker smoothie
|Prep Time:||0 hours||5 mins|
|Total Time:||0 hours||30 mins|
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. scallops, patted dry
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to the package directions
- Drain and return to the pot
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter
- Add shrimp and scallops and season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 2 minutes per side, then transfer to a plate
- To skillet add shallot and garlic cook until soft and fragrant, 3 minutes
- Add milk, broth, Parmesan, tomatoes, and parsley, and season with salt
- Simmer for 3 minutes more, then return shrimp and scallops and toss until combined
- Squeeze with lemon juice
Add cooked spaghetti and toss until fully coated
- Garnish with parsley and serve with Parmesan
Originally published on Delish
Cherry, Chocolate, and Buttermilk Scones
Valentine’s Day would be a perfect time to consider bringing the chocolate love home.
“Studies have shown that chocolate contains theobromine, phenylethylamine (PEA), anandamide, and cannabinoids, which are similar to the mind-altering components found in the drugs ecstasy and marijuana.”
“And PEA has a similar effect on the chemistry of the brain to what we experience when we fall in love.”
18 Medium-Sized Scones
- 1 cup [140 grams] all-purpose flour
- 1 cup [140 grams] cake flour
- ¼ cup [50 grams] sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) [115 grams] unsalted butter, cold
- ¾ cup [90 grams] dried cherries, sweet or sour
- ½ cup [60 grams] miniature chocolate chips
- ½ cup [120 g] buttermilk
- Cinnamon Sugar for Topping
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lightly flour a work surface
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest with a wire whisk
- Cut the butter into ½-inch (1.3cm) cubes and add to the flour mixture
- Using the paddle of a stand mixer or your fingers or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture
until it is a fine texture and looks a little like cornmeal with evenly dispersed chunks of butter
- Stir in the cherries, chocolate chips, and buttermilk, stirring just until the moment the dough becomes wet and sticky
- Turn the dough out onto the floured work surface and pat it into a 1-inch (2.5cm) thick circle
- Cut the circle into 8 wedges
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together on a small plate
- Press the top of each wedge heavily into the sugar mixture and place the scones evenly spaced on the baking sheet with the sugared side on top
- Bake until firm to the touch on top and lightly golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes
- Serve warm
Ten Reasons Chocolate Is Better Than Sex
- You are never too young or old for chocolate.
- Good chocolate is easy to find.
- You can ask a stranger for chocolate without getting your face slapped.
- The word “commitment” doesn’t scare off chocolate.
- You can make chocolate last as long as you want it to.
- You can safely have chocolate while driving.
- When you have chocolate, it doesn’t keep your neighbors awake.
- You can have chocolate even in front of your mother.
- You can have as many different kinds of chocolate as you can handle.
- You can have chocolate at work without upsetting your coworkers.
Originally published in “The Great Book of Chocolate. The chocolate lover’s guide with recipes.” By David Lebovitz.
What Should I Do to Impress A Guy
“The meaning of life is learning how to give and receive love” Dr. Ava Cadell.
Men are ever willing to love their partners but they also desire to receive love back from their loved ones.
If your wish is to impress your guy, then, you are a woman with a good heart.
The question then is, are you busy giving everything to your man but he seems adamant about your efforts? If so, try these hands-on recipes.