Are you in a distance relationship or feeling lonely on the bed in the middle of the night or you are having a hangover from last night’s romance and want to send a cute text to your boyfriend but finding it hard to operate your new Android phone? This is a step-by-step guide with pictures to help you go in a minute.
Unlock your phone to access main menu. If you are new to Android phone, slide the screen up to gain access to main menu. Select Messages and press start chat, find contact, type text and press SMS arrow to send text message.
1. Select Messages from Main Menu
Select Messages from main menu: The icon differs on smartphones but always labelled “Messages” under it.
2. Create a New Message
Create a new message: After launching the app, on some devices, the new message button resembles a + sign. On others, you will see “Start chat” at the right bottom of the screen with paper icon on blue background.
3. Type Name, Phone Number or Email to Locate Contact
- Type your boyfriend’s name, phone number, or email in the “To” field
- Your boyfriend’s number will pop up from the list as you begin to type
- Select the name
- You can also select it from the “TOP CONTACTS” if the application displays recently dialed numbers
- If the number is not in the contacts list, type it into the “To” field using the A-Z keypad or toggle the keypad to access the number keypad for easy typing
Toggle keypad for easy typing of numbers.
4. Press Previous Message to Select Contact
- If you have a previous conversation, it displays immediately after launching the application. Locate the previous chat to open it to select recipient.
5. Type Message in Text Field
Write message: After choosing your boyfriend or husband’s number, a blinking cursor displays in the text field, ready for input.
6. Copy and Paste Message from Other Source
If you already have a message you like to send from another source,
- Highlight the text
- Press copy
To save you time, I have crafted some cool articles, all you need is follow the links below, grab as many romantic texts as you can and 🚿 shower your blessings on your boyfriend.
7. Press to Paste Message
- Long press the message field
- A paste command will be displayed
- Choose paste
- Select the service provider you are sending from if your phone supports 2 sim cards
8. Add Emojis to Spice up Message
- You can also add emojis to spice message up
- Press the emoji symbol to access emojis
9. Press Arrow to Send Message
- Press the arrow labelled (Short Message Service) SMS to send message
3 Alternatives to Launch Message App
Method 1 of 3
On the home screen of your mobile device, locate shortcut icon of “Messages” symbol
Follow the previous procedures systematically
Method 2 of 3
1. Locate “Contacts” icon from home screen or main menu
2. Scroll through the names in your contacts list
3. Press to select your sweetheart’s name
4. At the right side of the contact, press the message icon to launch the application
5. The contact of the recipient in this case is already selected by default
6. Follow step 5 in the previous topic to message your friend
Method 3 of 3
1. Locate “Phone” icon on home screen or main menu
2. From the list of “Incoming” and “Outgoing” calls, select your boyfriend’s name
3. Choose send a message
4. Similar to method 2, the recipient’s contact is selected by default as the app opens
5. Follow the step 5 in typing message