The digital company started simply as an idea to share life’s wonderous moments with a single click.
But today, it’s ranked among the top sellers for video-editing tools on the Apple and Google application stores. Wondershare Filmora was named amongst competitors such as Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
In Forbes 2011 Survey, Wondershare ranked 34th among the top 200 best Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in China.
Get all the answers to the things you want to know and the key stats you need to know about Wondershare and its products in 2024.
Wondershare Usage Statistics (Up-close and Personal)
- Wondershare has more than 30 million active users per year and over 2 million active monthly users up from 1.3 million active users in 2019.
- Wondershare is currently valued at 11.07 billion yuan
- Wondershare Filmora has 100 million users, and 4 million Social Media Followers, available in 150+ countries.
- Wondershare has a portfolio of 65 products available in 10+ languages.
- Wondershare went public in 2018
- Wondershare has 1,480 Full Time Employees.
- Wondershare has been listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange (SHE: 300624) since January 2018.
- Wondershare acquired a 52% stake in Edraw for 127.5 million yuan, in 2020.
- As part of the #WondershareCares initiative, the company donated $15,000 to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank to provide 30,000 lbs of food to support COVID-19 victims in 2020.
- Wondershare officially launched in 2003.
Wondershare Products and Services
Wondershare provide simple and efficient digital creative software, a fashionable creative platform for a large number of new-generation users.
Wondershare serves individuals, professionals, and businesses.
Here is a list of Wondershare products on the market.
The company’s Hero Products are;
- Filmora – Video editing software with AI functionalities.
- UniConverter – Video conversion toolset (conversion, editing, screen recording).
- Recoverit – Recover lost data from devices or storage media such as PC/Mac.
- Dr.Fone – Manage your phone, repair your system, recover your data, and transfer your files.
- PDFelement – Quickly summarize PDFs into text summaries and export them as Markdown files.
- FamiSafe – Equipping parents with the tools, like Screen Time, and knowledge they need to navigate the intricate path of parenthood.
Wondershare Filmora makes the company proud in each update not leaving the PDFelement which is a leading alternative to Adobe® Acrobat®.
Filmora and PDFelement played pivotal roles in Wondershare’s triumph at the G2 Crowd Awards, ultimately earning the prestigious G2 Best Software Awards in 2023.
The company offers video creative software, such as Filmora, Wondershare Miaoying, UniConverter, Recording, etc.
Wondershare Filmstock: Miaoku video creative material platform and Aihua.
AIGC applications: Bobo
Drawing creative software: Edraw Icon, Edraw Brain Map, and Ink Knife
Document creative software: Wondershare PDF and PDFelement
Utility solutions: Recoverit, Data Manager, Easy Repair, and Mobile Manager.
What is Wondershare?
Wondershare Technology Group Co., Ltd. is a consumer software company that develops application software. The company offers multimedia, and cutting-edge software solutions that empower individuals and businesses to achieve their goals.
Which Year was Wondershare Found?
Wondershare was founded in 2003 and is based in Shenzhen, China, used by 30 million active users per year in 150+ countries.
Is Wondershare a Chinese Company?
Wondershare is a Chinese company with its headquarters located in Shenzhen, China. However, it operates as an international company with offices in various countries.
What is the Name of the Wondershare Company?
Wondershare was formerly known as Wondershare Technology Co., Ltd and changed its name to Wondershare Technology Group Co., Ltd. in May 2019.
Who is the Founder and CEO of Wondershare?
Tobee Wu is the founder and CEO of Wondershare born in 1975. He graduated from Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Wondershare General Manager and CFO
Mr. Chun Sun is the Deputy GM, CFO, Secretary of the Board & Director. Mr. Sun was born in 1973.
What is Wondershare Software Used for?
Wondershare software is used for video editing, video converting, PDF viewing, screen recording, data recovery, phone management, etc.
How Many People Use Wondershare?
Wondershare has more than 30 million active users per year and over 2 million active monthly users spanning 150+ countries and regions including the USA, Brazil, India, Mexico, and Europe.
What is Wondershare Filmora?
Filmora is a video editing software with many beginner-friendly and AI editing features developed by Wondershare and launched in 2010. It has both free and paid versions.
How Popular is Wondershare Filmora?
Filmora has 100 million users, and 4 million social media followers in over 150 countries and regions.
Filmora was named among the top sellers for video-editing tools on Apple and Google application stores. Filmora was named amongst competitors such as Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
In 2019, Videomaker named Filmora9 as the ‘best enthusiast editing software’.
Who is the owner of Filmora App?
Tobee Wu is the owner of Wondersahre Filmora. Filmora is available for both Mac and PC and is also available on Apple and Google app stores.
When Did Filmora Start?
Filmora was launched in 2010 but rebranded as Wondershare Filmora in 2015 to better serve Wondershare customers.
Which is better Filmora or Adobe Premiere Pro?
Filmora stands out for its user-friendly interface, easy setup, and affordability. In contrast, Adobe Premiere Pro, recognized as the industry standard for video editing, comes with a higher price tag and a steeper learning curve.
Stats show that video editors prefer doing business with Adobe Premiere Pro because it meets the needs of their business better than Wondershare Filmora.
Wondershare Filmora was first launched in 2010.
In 2012 it launched easy-editing PIP Edition, 4 types of Speed Change, and over 50 popular video effects.
Filmora was rebranded as Wondershare Filmora in 2015. In the same year, Filmora launched an AI-driven easy mode and high frame rate.
In 2016, Filmora experienced an addition of high-resolution export up to 4K.
In 2018, Filmstock-video effects was launched for Filmora and joined Vidcon the same year.
Wondershare Filmora was recognized by Global Content Creators as the “Best Video Editing Tool” in VidCon 2019.
Filmora X received a new Add-on, a “Silence Detection” in 2020.
Wondershare Filmora won Shorty Awards in 2021 and appeared in the New York’s Time Square.
In 2022, Filmora launched innovative features like Audio Synchronization and Auto Audio Visualizer.
2023 Filmora’s suite was powered by AI features.
Wondershare Acquires Edraw
In 2020, Wondershare acquired a 52% stake in Edraw for 127.5 million yuan to add drawing-based applications to its product category.
What is Edraw?
Edraw is a leading provider of drawing-based applications. Established in April 2014, they specialize in diagrammatic software development, graphic component development, and web-based applications.
Wondershare and Pond5 Deal
In June 2020, Wondershare entered into a partnership with Pond5. The partnership enables Wondershare Filmstock members to use Pond5 content within Wondershare products for video creation.
Quick Statistics About Pond5
- Pond5 launched the first royalty-free video marketplace in 2006.
- Pond5 had a $500 thousand initial angel investment in October 2008.
- Pond5 acquired Pixmac and launched images in September 2011.
- Pond5’s video collection exceeded 5 million in September, 2011.
- Pond5 received a $61 million Series A Investment from Stripes Group and Accel Partners in August 2014.
- Dublin office opens to host Pond5 technology operations in November 2015
- More than 15 thousand videos cleared per day for licensing in July 2016
- Patent granted on Pond5 Visual Search technology in November 2018
- Pond5 is included in Wealthfront’s 2019 Career-Launching Companies.
- Pond5 marketplace exceeded 15 million videos available to license in 2019.
What is Pond5?
Pond5 is a global marketplace for licensing multimedia content with 35+ million video clips, award-winning tools including patented Visual Search for video, and integrations for all major video-editing software.
Pond5 serves as a platform where content creators can upload and sell their work, while buyers can browse and purchase high-quality media for use in various projects, such as video production, advertising, and creative design.
Pond5 is a venture-backed company funded by Accel Partners and Stripes Group.
Which Year Was Pond5 Found?
Pond5 was founded in 2006, currently with 175 employees with offices in NYC, Dublin, Prague, and London.
Who is the CEO of Pond5?
The CEO of Pond5 is Tom Crary.
Pond5 was cofounded by Tom Bennett and Marcus Engene.
Offices and Locations
Shenzhen office: in China is spanning 4,000 sqm, near tech giants Alibaba, Baidu, and Tencent.
Vancouver office: in Canada is a 5,000 square feet office and is home to the Wondershare marketing and design teams.
The Vancouver office is located in North Burnaby, at the heart of Metro Vancouver.
Beijing office: is located in Chaoyang District, this office has attracted high-tech talents all over the world.
Tokyo office: in 2011, the Tokyo office was established and home to the Japanese Headquarters and marketing team.
Changsha office: the Customer Service operations office is located in Changsha, Hunan’s capital. Neighboring Microsoft, IBM, and Tencent.
Lhasa office: in China is to house the small administrative team.
That’s it family. You’ve got all the Wondershare 2024 stats.
Wondershare Technology Group Co Ltd continues to redefine digital experiences through its innovative products. From Filmora’s evolution to strategic partnerships.
Personally, Filmora is my best Wondershare product.
What is your favorite Wondershare product?
Do you have any stats or data that we missed?
Let us know in the comments section below.